BHRT In Age Management Practice
(7 Hours CME 3.25 Pharmacy) - submitted and pending approval
Saturday, June 17th, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (lunch included)
*If you are interested in the Subcutaneous Pellet Therapy in Clinical Practice Training on Sunday, June 18th (10:00 am - 5:30), please E-mail email@example.com or call Daniel at 503-230-7990. We will send you a preferred link to register for training.
This course is designed to help physicians and health care practitioners successfully and knowledgeably treat female and male age-management patients, especially regarding hormone optimization. This intense one day course provides a thorough overview of what hormones do, all available bioidentical hormone replacement options, ideal testing and management, and research on BHRT.
You will receive training to be able to prescribe bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) including all modes of delivery (oral, sublingual, transbuccal, transdermal or topical, vaginal, injections, and pellet implants) dosages, and contraindications. You’ll learn about monitoring and adjusting BHRT through case studies and open discussion. Emphasis is placed on understanding the difference between normal and optimal levels of hormones based on research and Dr. Retzler’s extensive clinical experience.
If you are interested in and accepted for training in bioidentical hormone pellet implants, day two involves a review of history of hormone pellet therapy, laboratory evaluation, prescribing, and hands-on experience. One year of coaching with Dr. Retzler is included in pellet implant training.
What you will learn:
- Function of major hormones in women and men—estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, pregnenalone, thyroid hormones, DHEA, cortisol
- Symptoms of hormone imbalance (excess and deficiency)
- Natural therapies to improve hormone production and function
- How nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and toxin exposure affect hormone balance
- Bioidentical hormone replacement risks & benefits
- BHRT modes of delivery, dosing, and research covering topical, patch, vaginal, oral, sublingual/transbuccal, injections, and pellet implants
- Monitoring BHRT adverse effects
- Research on BHRT
- Straightforward, evidence-based training in BHRT
- Handouts to identify hormone-related symptoms in your patients
- An understanding of lab interpretation related to hormone optimization
- Detailed treatment recommendations and biodentical hormone replacement dosages
An opportunity to enroll in HormoneSynergy's® on-going coaching, written lab interpretation and neurocognitive testing interpretation, private, practice-specific EMR, hormone pellet implant training, patient referrals, and support to run a successful age-management practice including use of Dr. Retzler's well-referenced Informed Consent documents for patients
Dr. Retzler received her doctorate from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon in 2001. After completing an internship in integrative medicine with Andrew Weil MD, and a residency in McMinnville, OR with Dr. Bruce Dickson, she decided to focus her enthusiasm, talents, and knowledge in building bridges between conventional and alternative medicine.
She founded HormoneSynergy Clinic to help people achieve vibrant health, ideal brain function, and longevity. As a specialist in holistic medicine, she understands the role balanced hormones and neurotransmitters play in all areas of health.
She has completed a fellowship in preventive cardiology through the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine with Mark Houston, MD and attends several age management and brain health seminars and conferences yearly, with gratitude to the mentors with whom she has trained under and influenced her work -- Mark Houston, MD, Edward Lee, MD, Rebecca Glaser, MD, Thierry Hertoghe, MD, Dale Bredesen MD and Daniel Amen, MD.
She has been on the faculty of the Age Management Medicine Group (AMMG) since 2015 and lectures regularly on BHRT, erectile dysfunction, and IV Therapy.